This project involved the complete gutting and rehabilitation of a turn of the century red-brick townhouse in the Junction neighbourhood of Toronto. The home, built in 1880, involved substantial structural work to open up the attic and create a bedroom, and to create a 16 foot cathedral ceiling in the main living space. All interior materials and finishes were upgraded, from window and door casings and trim to flooring, a new kitchen, a custom steel & wood stair, and two complete bathroom suites.
The first phase in the renovations, which created a 2-storey apartment for the owners’ family on the 2nd and attic floors of the home, was completed in 2010. The second phase of construction - the renovation to the ground floor - was begun in October 2013, and was completed in the spring of 2015.